French region in terms of economic growth (+ 2.3%/ year)
4 international competitiveness clusters
A global competitiveness cluster bringing together Midi-Pyrénées and Aquitaine regions in the area of aeronautics, space and on-board systems.
- 1,600 companies
- 120,000 industrial jobs
- 8,500 researchers
- 598 research and development projects
A research cluster for the health, biotechnologies and cancer sectors.200 companies employing 15,000 people and working on 112 certified projects.
A development cluster for agriculture and food and non-food processing.205 companies – 195 researchers – 282 certified projects – Label Gold.
A cluster aimed at identifying surface and underground water sources, managing this resource and how it is used, and
developing the reuse and recycling of waste water.
- 60 companies
- 19 research and development projects
- 11.000 jobs
- Turnover of 5 bilions €
Up and coming markets
Toulouse and the surrounding region is the ideal location for business development.
A prosperous economy over the long term
5th ranked economic power in France, Toulouse is firmly focused on research and high technologies.
These 2 major areas guarantee growth and economic sustainability.
FOCUS ON THE MIDI-PYRÉNÉES:
- France’s No.1 region for Research & Development;
- Home to around 400 international businesses;
- Top ranked region in terms of trade balance.
The strength of a Euroregion
In order to optimise opportunities and to reinforce their economic weight, the Midi-Pyrenees and Languedoc-Roussillon regions have got together with Catalonia, Aragon and the Balearic Islands. This Pyrenees-Mediterranean Euroregion has shown a united front since 2004 and defends the interests of the 13 million citizens that it represents.
Another major asset for Toulouse’s urban area. The industries that have been established here for dozens of years cover
very high added-value sectors: aeronautics, the space industry, research, electronics, pharmaceutics, IT services,
- No.1 in Europe and No.2 worldwide for aeronautical activities (Airbus, ATR, Latécoère, Liebherr...)
- No.1 in Europe for Space industries and research (CNES, Spot Image, EADS, Astrium, Thales...)
- No.1 nationally for the design of on-board electronic systems (ACTIA Group, Continental, Rockwell Collins…)
- No.1 after the Ile-de-France area for Information Technology services (Cap Gemini, Sogeti, IBM...)