The amount of money you can carry is not limited by French law.
However, since 15 June, 2007, both French and non-French residents must declare to French customs any sums, securities or valuables carried, with a value of €10,000 or more, at the borders of the European Union.
The import and export of counterfeit products is a customs offence. Buyer:
- risk, for the mere possession of a forgery, of a fine or prison sentence,
- can pose a health risk (fake alcohols, perfumes and cosmetics),
- undermines national industrial heritage and know-how and funds criminal networks.
Some goods are subject to specific provisions when they enter or leave a European Union member state.
- weapons and ammunition,
- cultural property,
- protected wildlife species and products thereof,
- live animals and animal products,
- plants and plant-based products,
- medicines and medical products (except those for personal use),
- wines, alcoholic beverages, tobacco and other regulated products.
To find out more:
- Visit the website www.douane.gouv.fr
- Tel.: 0 811 204 444 (0,06€/min including VAT)
- Contact the consular or customs services of the destination and transit countries to obtain precise information